Love can be a difficult thing to figure out, especially for those that have little or no experience with serious relationships. Am I really in love? That’s the question a lot of people ask themselves when they become involved in a romantic relationship. Some people say the answer to that important question is: You will know it. For some people, that’s probably pretty good advice, but we are all different and some of us have a lot more trouble making sense of relationships than others. For most couples that first “I love you” is a very big deal. Is your relationship ready for that? Here are 8 things that can help you figure out if you are really in love.
1. YOU ALWAYS WANT TO BE WITH THEM; When true love comes along, some of your other relationships often take a hit. When you make plans, you want all of them to include your partner and you have a hard time with the idea of doing anything without them. There is no one other than your true love that you will want to spend more time with.
2. YOU EASILY IMAGINE A FUTURE WITH THEM; Finding that person you truly love can change your vision of the future. You may envision of buying a home with this person and having children with them. Picturing your life with this special person 30, 40 or even 60 years in the future is a sure sign that you have truly found “the one.” This is an especially good indication if you have been involved in other relationships where you felt scared to death over the idea of getting married or having children with someone else.
3. YOU ARE TRYING TO BE A BETTER PERSON; Falling in love can be a real wake-up call. When you find yourself examining your own actions and deciding that you need to be a better person because of your partner, you have probably found true love. Someone you really love will tend to bring the best out in you even if you cannot understand why.
4. YOU WANT TO INTRODUCE THEM TO EVERYONE; When you are truly in love you have zero reservations when it comes to introducing that special person to everyone you know. You are proud and happy to show them off to all your friends and relatives and you just know they will all approve. You’ve already spent a lot of time telling them how great this person is and you’re super excited for them all to meet this wonderful and special person.
5. YOUR PRIORITIES ALIGN; It’s not uncommon for people in love to become very involved in activities and interests of their partner. You might find yourself developing an interest in something that you’ve never even given a second thought to in your life, but because it is something that interests your partner, it is now becoming interesting to you.
6. THEY MAKE YOU FEEL SAFE AND SECURE; Falling in love can be a bit frightening and create a lot of doubts. It’s natural to worry a bit about having your heart broken or giving yourself so completely to someone else. Despite these fears, you always find that they fade away as soon as you are with that special person.
7. YOU’RE FEELING A LITTLE FREAKED OUT; True love tends to bring out those stereotypical reactions in people including nervousness, “butterflies,” and sweaty palms. These are perfectly normal reactions for people who are in the presence of someone they truly love and these symptoms will be especially noticeable towards the start of a new relationship with that special someone.
8. JEALOUSY BUT NOT SUSPICION; It’s normal for a little jealousy to work its way into just about every relationship at some point in time. The difference when you are truly in love is that you may get a little jealous over your partner, but you are not suspicious. True love makes it easier to tackle your relationship difficulties head-on and work them out instead of getting mired down in excessive jealousy and mistrust.